- Responsible for accounting for annual dues, reports, and coordinating with the Membership Coordinator on members.
- Supporting the Membership Coordinator on questions and new initiatives.
- Maintaining and updating membership records and perform data cleanup tasks as needed to ensure accurate membership records.
- Collecting demographic data, tracking membership statistics, and preparing reports.
- Printing membership cards or coordinating to make them digitally available.
- Keeping members information confidential and secure.
- Responsible for handling common tasks related to membership communications.
- Assist in the creation and distribution of ongoing membership recruitment and retention materials for the Membership Coordinator.
- Coordinate membership social media strategy with the Publicity Chair.
- Maintain integrity of organization branding.
- Coordinate with Webmaster to ensure website content remains updated and request changes as necessary.
Deputy Membership Coordinator
- Assist Membership Coordinator in the following duties:
- Support planning and coordination of programs and services and their related activities.
- Develop long-range vision for membership program expansion internationally.
- Responsible for keeping all IRG-installed software updated
- Responsible for installing any desired add-ons or plugins and verifying their function
- Responsible for backing up data and verifying restore on the various systems regularly
- If any application fails or throws errors, the applications administrator is responsible for investigating the problems and resolving them.
- Responsible for overseeing all IRG-contracted virtual services, such as email, database services, Freedcamp project management services, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring backup of important data, monitoring and of individual accounts, and alerting account holders of current or incipient problems (overuse of resources, etc.).
- Coordinates with Publicity Chair to ensure continuity of IRG organizational account ownership.
- The Art Director creates the organization’s consistent visual brand.
- Responsible for imagery and/or photos suitable for use in From Here to the Stars, or articles within Have Starship, Will Travel.
- Responsible for coordinating with the Publicity Director for artwork on social media content.
- Will maintain copyright/fair use documents with the webmaster.
- Responsible for uploading and arranging photos from all IRG events to https://piwigo.irg.space. Photos should be arranged logically, duplicates or near-duplicates removed at the administrator’s discretion, and any annotations desired (captions, etc.) made. This can be done with previous galleries on the site also, if possible.
Social Media Content Copywriter
- Responsible for writing copy for regular posts about IRG events, videos, and other items of interest to our organizational social media accounts.
- Responsible for tracking and linking relevant hashtags for posts.
- Responsible for writing descriptions for From Here to the Stars YouTube videos.
- Monitor for new and burgeoning social media networks to expand the IRG presence.
- The webmaster designs (in conjunction with the Art Director) the UI and content on the IRG website, ensuring a rational and intuitive experience, accessibility of all on-site resources, and updating of all non-static webpages. This includes the Soapbox section, Sponsorships section, and Front Page content.
- Maintain access credentials for membership-gated content.
- IRG currently utilizes a WordPress-based template system. The webmaster should periodically check for un-linked media files, webpages, etc. and remove such.
- Management of stored media, in conjunction with the Publicity Chair to ensure access of files needed for press releases, newsletters, and other public content.
- Responsible for interviewing professionals highlighted in the Interstellar Updates and writing brief pop science pieces centering on the research papers, appealing to a generally educated, science-interested audience.